How does Abacus support foster carers?
Abacus Fostering go above and beyond to ensure you are fully supported in your role as a foster carer. We are a dedicated team who provide dedicated support and training including:
- Monthly supervision to nurture and develop your professional role as a foster carer
- Monthly support visits identifying and meeting your individual needs
- Access to our 24-hour duty cover 365 days a year and a personal support worker you are familiar with
- Weekly phone support & additional visits when required
- In depth Preparation to Foster Training and Induction Programme for all new foster carers
- Specialised ongoing training to meet individual needs
- Support and guidance in completing CDWD foster care standards
- Organised activities for Children and Young People in foster care, including all children in the family
- Specialised support and activities for all birth children of foster carers
- Additional festival, holiday and birthday allowances
- A fortnight of paid respite per year or additional payment if not taken
- Family Support Workers to support Children and Young People in placement
- A comprehensive fostering handbook
- Membership of Foster Talk, including access to their legal advice line
- A fostering allowance that reflects the professional nature of the task and a generous child care allowance to meet the rising costs of caring for children.
Abacus Fostering recognise fostering as a professional role and understands the financial demands of caring for children and young people, therefore we provide a very generous financial package which rewards our foster carers for their role and gives a generous child care allowance to meet children and young people’s needs.
Want to know more about fostering?
Get in touch to learn how Abacus can help you with fostering.